Who is a Backend Developer?
Consider a fancy restaurant; the light, the ambience, the aesthetics, the poise of the waiters and bartenders, and of course. . . the food. All of that beauty is seen the moment you walk into the office.
The frontend developer is saddled with the responsibility of making this fancy restaurant as aesthetically pleasing as it can be.
Though the environment looks pleasing to the eyes, the main objective of walking into a restaurant is to get a meal. The backend developer is the techie saddled with the responsibility of making the meal as tasty as it can be.
While the frontend developer handles the user side of the web application, the backend developer handles the server side of the web application.
- Ability to combine the art of design and the science of programming to create highly functional and aesthetically pleasing web pages of software applications.
- Ability to work closely and in unison with the UI/UX designer, the backend developer, and the product manager to match project expectations and meet project deadlines.
- Familiarity with SEO optimization and a good understanding of web design
- Ability to collaborate with other teams such as the backend team, the design team, the system analysis team, and the project management team.
- Ability to troubleshoot codes and manage websites and software applications.
- Optimize components for high functionality across several web and mobile platforms.
Who Does a Frontend Developer Work With?
- The Designer
- The Backend Developer
- The Product Manager
Can progress to roles such as
- Software Architect
- Software Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer